Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 13 - Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock...

Mostly rocks.  14 tons of rocks.

Friend says "Hey, what are you doing tonight or tomorrow morning?"
I says "Ummm..WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!"
Friend says "Rocks.  I have rocks."
I says "I have naps to take and stuff to think about doing."
Friend says "I have a new kitty condo. You want it?"
I says "Hell yes!"
Friend says "Rocks.  I have rocks."

Sooo, being the kindhearted and selfless pal that I am, I drove the 15 miles to her house, and with another friend we shoved some rocks.  Into wheelbarrows.  Then pushed those wheelbarrows thru more rocks into a back yard.  Then we dumped the rocks and raked the rocks.  I was there for a couple hours and the pile of rocks never got smaller.  I sweated my ass off, and I'm going to be sore (not as sore as them, they were at it longer), but that's the most physical labor I've done in a long time.

But, it's activity points!  I had to find something along the lines of what I did so I could log it in my WW thingy.  I found one that was "hauling leaves, wheelbarrow work".  I used a wheelbarrow.  1 point for 10 minutes.  Plus, earlier today I walked 2 miles for a sandwich.  With that, I ended up with 13 "activity" points, which came in handy, because of the following issue:

I weighed in this morning - 11 pounds down! Woohoo!  I typo'ed the amount originally, and WW said I'd lost 105lbs - I wish!  Anyway, I fixed it, and then my points went from 35 to 40.  What?

That kind of baffled me all day.  Then I figured maybe it was some kind of maintenance thing - go up for a week, then back down?  Turns out, when I had my little typo faux pas, it somehow changed my plan into 'maintain weight' setting instead of the 'lose weight' setting.  Of course, I didn't figure that out until after I had that pizza for dinner (before rock shoveling).  So technically, I went over my points today.  That's where my Rock Shovelin' came in handy.  So now, I'm at 34 points.  I can handle that :)

And since we're here, I will post what I will call my official 'before' photo.  I hate hate HATE having my picture taken, by the way.  Just so you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment