Thursday, July 4, 2013

Location, Location, Location. Day 5.

It's all about how close of a proximity your desk is to the bathroom.  Thankfully, mine is close.

Previously, I hardly drank any water.  I was a HUGE soda drinker.  I'd go on occasional 'binges' where I'd drink Coke Zero instead of regular Coke, but still...water was lacking.  I haven't had ANY kind of soda since last Friday.  When I'm sick of water, I've been drinking unsweetened tea with Stevia.

Drinking this amount of tea in water, results in the obvious.  Water in, water out.  This makes for VERY unpleasant bus rides home. So, I've got to remember to cut myself off 30 minutes before I leave, and hit the can before I go home.  The chances that I'll have to hit a gas station or something on the 3 mile drive home from the bus stop are very good.

I've been religiously tracking my points, and making sure it's 'worth it' before I eat something.  This morning, I did splurge.  I did Jack In The Box again, but I kept it low and in my points budget for breakfast.

One website that is helpful for me in changing my mind is is This One.  It's got just about EVERY SINGLE fast food & dine in restaurant you can think of, with pretty much their whole menus mapped out in points.

Now, Jack In The Box is our regular go-to restaurant, because it's close.  There's McDonald's, too, but The Boy doesn't like their breakfasts.  So, we go to JIB a LOT.  This is what I would typically get from there, for say...lunch:

Bacon Ultimate Cheese Burger (with lettuce & pickles added) - 25 POINTS!
Large Seasoned Curly Fries - 16 POINTS!
2 Tacos - 10 POINTS!
32 Coke - 12 POINTS!

See, that's ONE very LARGE meal and it' 63 POINTS!  That's almost DOUBLE what my WW allowance is!  That may be the only meal I eat all day, but it may not.  Any way, no bueno.  Either way - I wasn't eating enough food thru the day but having more than twice the caloric intake....or just eating WAAYYYYY more than my caloric intake if I had any other meals.

Kind of makes me sick now, looking at it that way.

I spent some time looking at that website this morning, finding places that we typically go to, and stuff that I could 'safely' order.  There's not much, without splurging on those 'extra' points they give for the week (that I don't feel very comfortable using).  I'm trying to keep each meal at around 10 points or under, giving way for the 'snack' points, that aren't vegetables.  This puts me right to my limit of 36 per day.  If I have a lighter meal, I can carry those points up to the next one.

Today, I might splurge a few points over, though.  I'm taking The Boy to the movies in a bit, and I will be "forced" to eat movie theater popcorn. I will be good (mostly, because he's a popcorn hog so I'll be hard pressed to get any in the first place).

Oh yeah, I should mention this:  I weighed myself at work on Monday, and I was right.  I weighed 242lbs.  This is the heaviest I've ever been.  I will make it a point to weigh myself every Monday morning, wearing the same outfit.  Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment